Thursday, June 9, 2011

John & Meaghan's Wedding Present

I decided to make his and hers aprons with matching kitchen towels for my brother-in-law's wedding present.  I wanted to do something that had a vintage look and I fell in love with this color combination!  I think these fabrics look so weathered and cool together - in that you wouldn't automatically put them together but somehow it really works way.  I did a retro-inspired gathered apron with a scalloped edge in this lovely beige and olive green floral fabric with grey trim for Meaghan, and a solid grey canvas apron with a towel attached at the waist for convenient hand wiping while cooking (and also so that I could add some of the floral fabric for matching) for John.  I also included a recipe book with some of my favorite recipes to finish off the gift - I think it all turned out great, and I hope they like it too.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Heather, those are so awesome. Fantastic wedding present!! I hope you put your sour cream enchilada recipe in the book. Ever since I had them at your house for book club I can't get enough of them. I made them for Greg since then and he loved them too.

Heather McKeon said...

I did put the enchilada recipe in the cook book - since it's one of my faves I love to share it. And I'm glad that you are making them for your family too. That is excellent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...