Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rachel's Diaper Bag

My friend Rachel just had her second daughter, Paige, and really wanted a new diaper bag.  She wanted a messenger bag in grey (so it would match everything) and teal, with a cool applique and left it up to me to do the rest.  I love having that kind of creative freedom to come up with something that just shouts that person to me.  And I think this bag calls out Rachel's name!

















I am absolutely in love with how the tree came out - the corduroy was an inspired choice if I do say so myself. 
















I used two coordinating fabrics for the lining, which I think turned out pretty cool - but the color came out kind of weird and under water looking in the photos.  I tried in all kinds of light, inside and outside and this is the best I ever got.  But trust me it looked great. 

 I, of course, also had to throw in a few extra things for her, so I made her a coordinating wristlet for quick diaper changes.


















And I couldn't leave out a present for Grace (3 year olds deserve presents when they become big sisters) so I made her a coloring wallet out of fabric that I know her mom had been coveting.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...